16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > 16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #196
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It's on!

Oh yea, a HUGE thank you to everyone that assisted in putting my rear axle back in while I was in FL making it so I could make it to this trip. Much obliged gents!

Unread 01-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #197
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma
Premo, I'll get up with you and pick that up at some point. I'm going to need some help plumbing the rest of this compressor for air up/air tool lines at some point if someone has some knowledge on those type things.
I'm a plumber and did my oba system when I had it.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #198
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone else have pics/vids?

As for the plumbing, your more than welcome to check my set up if your doing the York. Most of it can be had at Lowes or Depot. If I were to do it again, I would run all copper line and may still go that route. When running air tools it WILL get HOT. Do a google search as well. You'll find a nice schematic online with the fundamental ingredients to use.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #199
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have the twin pump by ARB in the rear end right now so want to base it off of that but kinda at buying a name brand kit if I can piece it together for less. In my head it's just some fittings and tubing with maybe a pressure valve or 3.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #200
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
I have the twin pump by ARB in the rear end right now so want to base it off of that but kinda at buying a name brand kit if I can piece it together for less. In my head it's just some fittings and tubing with maybe a pressure valve or 3.
Plumbing, tank, valve, switch. Pretty simple. Kevin has the cleanest set up I've seen. Last time I looked the cheapest place for switches and other air stuff was here: http://www.airbagit.com/

I grabbed a York compressor for Ron from the junkyard a couple of weeks ago, $30, and for some reason there were lots there this time.

We need to take off Kevin's Kilby bracket and duplicate it.

Pretty sure I still have an extra tank in my junk pile at home.

OBA is a great thing to have but I'm still planning to add an electric compressor for the lockers. Running the main compressor all the time seems like overkill.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #201
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

Running the main compressor all the time seems like overkill.
Not overkill @ all. As long as your system doesn't have leaks, it's not doing anything but holding 80+- lbs of air for the locker(s) & as long as the locker(s) don't leak , the compressor doesn't cycle. I run my OBA @ a regulated 120psi & the locker is set @ 80 if I recall. It takes about 13 flips of the locker on/off switch before my OBA kicks in for about 5 sec to refill the tank. @ idle w/a 2.5 gal tank I can fill ea 35" tires from 10 lbs -> 32 lbs in 1 min & 5 sec. I recommend getting all copper line for the system for longevity. Once you have the system set up, the heart of it is the york and the ironic thing is that the York210 is a dime a dozen at the yard.
early 80's Grand Cherokee, volvo, and mercedes benz vehicles. Of all of them, the volvo is the easiest to pull and the jeep is the hardest due to location. You want a double V pulley and verify the clutch works before you buy it.
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #202
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I might bring it by so you can see what I'm working with at the moment. The compressor I have should easily be able to handle air up and lockers on the trail. I can't see needing too much more honestly.
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #203
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I do have a little leak down, not much and it might take two hours, but, that's enough that I need to leave it on so I don't get where I can't use the lockers. I'm going with a small electric that I already have and leaving the York for the tires and air tools. Plus, that eliminates and chance of oil in the locker air chamber
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #204
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I need to hurry up and do this. I have all the parts in a box in my garage to convert my Sandoval compressor to an OBA setup...
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #205
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So I've looked and looked but can't find anything on that air siren we heard on Sunday. Wtf
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #206
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That might have been a siren for all those fields outside of town. Signals end of a work day. It was a Sunday.
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #207
GOWAD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo
So I've looked and looked but can't find anything on that air siren we heard on Sunday. Wtf
That siren you heard its from the city of Westmorland fire station, it's a volunteer base station when the siren go off that's when they run to the station and get the truck and equipment.
GOWAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #208
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWAD View Post

That siren you heard its from the city of Westmorland fire station, it's a volunteer base station when the siren go off that's when they run to the station and get the truck and equipment.
Ok. So there was a fire or something nearby then? I thought Mexico was invading
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #209
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

twice
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #210
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so after riding a very short distance as a passenger in another jeep (rons) and thinking how smooth it rode, I realized my jeep rides like crap. I started snooping around and found my front bilstein reservoir shocks have (left side: 20 lbs of nitrogen) (right side: 0.... completely moosh..) so gonna take em to work when the manager's not there and hit em with 200 lbs of N ....should help ALOT.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.