16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > 16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #181
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ive got some pretty dang cool go pro footage . they are pretty huge so uploads to youtube is slow and the conversion to their format might kill quality a little but let me tell you, its like your there again... kinda looks like a dogs perspective running around at 20 mph but hey.... it's something!
Ive also realized that I REALLY want/need an auto. To much concentration is needed to do steep climbs with the clutch to pay attention to lines. AW4?
My damage report is : cracked windshield, rashed up soft top. 1st time I ever had to do a REAL waterfall climb, saw a live scorpion, and had to use the winch on myself, ate deep fried turkey, had deep fried oreo's in pancake batter, AWESOME btw,. Must mean I'm a wheeler now.... Thanks again Jeff for basically being the host of the party and bringing so much comfort like the coffee and the amenities ...... Great meeting people who I have only chatted with off of here. Great rigs, great people...

brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #182
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Let's get together later this week for a postmortem and exchange pictures. I have enough computer stuff to do a bunch of disk burning.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #183
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

https://plus.google.com/105440490544...ts/2tD1BC9cYn4

here is my picture contribution.. Let me know if you guys can see them

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #184
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good, thanks.

I edited the youtube link. It seems that the ones with the .be extension don't work properly,
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #185
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mix some adult beverages with a pot of soy bean oil and it's a PARTY
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #186
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My rig is fixed and back home safe and sound. I say it's a do over once we get all the damage fixed. The functional damage anyway.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #187
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I had a great time as always! Thanks to everyone that showed up. best JF turnout in years. so far the only damage i can find is the small bit of body damage on my passenger rear quarter/turn signal and busted mirror. i need to look into my fuel system and see why my pump is straining so hard. It has to be either crap in the tank or a plugged filter. my crappiezone booster/master is leaking all over too. hurray.

I think i'm going to redo my front pump a little bit. i need some headlight protection. that stock bottom tube location is crap and kills the approach angle. just ask the paint that used to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

YJ vs TJ vs XJ....just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
ive got some pretty dang cool go pro footage . they are pretty huge so uploads to youtube is slow and the conversion to their format might kill quality a little but let me tell you, its like your there again... kinda looks like a dogs perspective running around at 20 mph but hey.... it's something!
Ive also realized that I REALLY want/need an auto. To much concentration is needed to do steep climbs with the clutch to pay attention to lines. AW4?
My damage report is : cracked windshield, rashed up soft top. 1st time I ever had to do a REAL waterfall climb, saw a live scorpion, and had to use the winch on myself, ate deep fried turkey, had deep fried oreo's in pancake batter, AWESOME btw,. Must mean I'm a wheeler now.... Thanks again Jeff for basically being the host of the party and bringing so much comfort like the coffee and the amenities ...... Great meeting people who I have only chatted with off of here. Great rigs, great people...
you def need an AW4 conversion. those Oreos were incredible. i could eat a whole pack of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
My rig is fixed and back home safe and sound. I say it's a do over once we get all the damage fixed. The functional damage anyway.
I found your sweater and canteen tucked behind some groceries in the back of the station wagon when i was unloading last night

Quote:
lol Yeah I think it was a bit more dug out looking at the approach angles on those 2 videos. It was a great event. I fully enjoyed it even without my rig out there. This is a must do over!!!!!
just looked at the videos. its looking a little more dug out now. i know that one section i rubbed my body on is a whole lot tighter then it was last year.
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #188
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 01-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #189
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Premo, I'll get up with you and pick that up at some point.

I'm going to need some help plumbing the rest of this compressor for air up/air tool lines at some point if someone has some knowledge on those type things.
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #190
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

cool, whenever. no rush. i'll just leave it in the back.
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #191
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The back back......not the oven back. lol
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #192
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The back back......not the oven back. lol
ha! i'll keep it away from the floor board griddle.

we should have cooked some wings while we were out on Saturday. i really dropped the ball on that one. sorry to disapoint guys
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #193
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

See? Do Over!!!!! I'm thinkin Brats!!!!! Turn em every 30 minutes on the trail and have grilled brats in tortillas for trail lunch.
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #194
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

agreed!

I'll have pictures uploaded tomorrow or Weds latest.
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #195
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
agreed!

Did I mention the Mistress is back? LJ vs. XJ?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.