100% new to the San Diego area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > 100% new to the San Diego area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
lonestarrebeltx
1976 FSJ Wagoneer 

100% new to the San Diego area

I am completely new to the San Diego area just transferred here from Pensacola with the USMC and i was wondering if there is a close place to Camp Pendleton that i can go that there will be people there to kinda take me under there wing and give me a tug if i need it. I have never done rocks, but i have done lots of dirt trails/mud. any advice for this weekend would be great. i really dont want to travel too far (more than an hour). but if any of yall know of clubs or just groups that meet up around here please let me know.

thanks
tyler

lonestarrebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to SD! There are a lot of options for you out here... There is a San Diego thread you should post in and introduce yourself...I'll get you a link...good guys - they run trails, have wrenching parties, etc. A good club to join to get your feet wet is JustRuns.com. You don't have to pay any dues, go to meetings, etc...they just post up runs - usually about 6 a month on average...and if you see one you like you go...make sure you have the required safety equipment...and if you want to lead a run eventually you are more than welcome. I've been out with them many times....there are a ton of people that are members so you get all sorts of people and they are always good folks. I've also been out with the guys from the SD thread on this forum a bunch of times - you will like them I'm sure. Some other Marines are in the bunch...and other ex-military as well. There are a lot of other clubs that are more formal... Tierra Del Sol, San Diego 4 Wheelers, etc. - if you are interested in that...

Here is the San Diego thread - just post in there and introduce yourself...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...14660&page=874

As or places to go, you've come to the right place...you have a LOT of options...ask in the thread or see where a JustRuns run is heading this weekend...
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
bguerrero
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There's a group called 4x4 corps.com, mostly Marines from Camp Pendleton and Miramar Air Station. Marines of all ranks, including Officers and SNCO's. No meeting or dues and there is a run almost every week. No one pushes the rank issue. Jeff Forrest runs the club, he's a great person and full of knowledge in 4 Wheel in. I'm a retired Marine and I have a great time with them. Just get on their Web site and join them.
2001 TJ 4.0, 5 speed,RE 4.5 Long Arm,1in bl,Bilstien 5100,front dana 44,w/ARB ,rear dana 44 detroit locker,4.88,Tera4Low,AA sye, Tom Woods drive shaft,US Alloy front & rear,Warn diff. skid plate,bfg mt 35x12.5x15,currie antirock,Currie HD Steering,AEV & Rokmen skids,Rokmen corner guards & gas tank skid,Yaesu FT2800m, Cobra 29WXNWST,Rockhard 4x4 rear swingaway bumper,Oly 4x4 rock sliders,SMA front bumper,Super Winch Epi 9,RE hand throttle,Tuffy full drawer,Alpine/bazooka 8in sub,Rockhard Sports Cage, York Onboard Air
bguerrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Husky-71
2009 JK Wrangler 

There's a place not far from you off the I-15 and Deer Springs road (Lawrence Welk area) that both dirt bikers and 4-wheelers use.

Send me a PM if interested. I ride my dirt bikes out there all the time and have taken the jeep out there a few times. Lots of trails, some of which can be challenging - though they've just run a dozer over a number of them and smoothed out all the ruts. Still plenty of good ones left.
Unread 08-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

welcome to SD. check out the SD thread
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

He was asked to a couple times - but has been hiding (hasn't posted) since early April.

Hasn't visited the board for ~4+ months.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

oh...just saw the date. i fail at interneting! LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.