ZJ Rust (Fender + Tailgate) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > ZJ Rust (Fender + Tailgate)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ZJ Rust (Fender + Tailgate)

So what are your opinions on what I'm dealing with? I have a small rust patch on my drivers side fender and quite a bit on the bottom of the hatch.

The fender looks like an easy fix:

The hatch.. not so much:

Would bondo and some sheet metal actually fix this? The first pic of the hatch, where it's on the bottom, only that has to look pretty. I barely see the bottom of the hatch, so whatever that needs is fine.

I am looking for another hatch though just in case.

Unread 11-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I suggest another hatch. I have had VERY good luck with the U Pull It at 4555 North Ave. Excellent stock and fair prices.
http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locat..._U-Pull-It-581
Looks like a 50% off this week.
Also one in Waukegan and one in Zion.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Fender shouldn't be a problem, hatch on the other hand look for a replacement. I found a rust free matching color one for $40 at U Pull.
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
rhino1
2008 JK Wrangler 

put the hatch out of its misery......replace it. The fender is easy
rhino1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah that's what I'm planning. I'll make it look a little nicer on the outside to get me through the winter and I'm moving South I'm the spring, so I'll hopefully find a hatch that hasn't seen much salt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.