yellow tj: krylon/rustoleum black finish choices for armor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > yellow tj: krylon/rustoleum black finish choices for armor

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

yellow tj: krylon/rustoleum black finish choices for armor

I like to keep the yellow paint on my tj as nice as I can by clay barring and waxing it twice a year. Every spring, I also pull off the rockers, corner armor, bumpers, flares etc off and hit them with a freash few coats of black spray paint. I've done semigloss, semiflat, and currently have flat black on everything. I don't like how the flat finish is harder to get clean and wax tends to show up on the flat black easily as well.

So, who uses what finish when it comes to rustoleum or krylon black paint? Thoughts and input is helpful.

I already know that ill be most likely using the krylon fusion satin black for the flares.

Thanks everyone!

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
KLT88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yellow... your making a wise move of putting on a fresh coat each spring!! I've always used a flat black as my base then Duplicolor rattle can spray liner. This combo has seemed to work well for me!
KLT88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does the duplicolor hold mud and wax easily? This is the issue id like to get rid of. Thanks.
Unread 04-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
KLT88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't had any issues with it holding/ retaining dirt and mud after washing. It can have a shine if you desire. I never shine mine, just leave it as its matte color.
KLT88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.