Xj body swapping?? HELP???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Xj body swapping?? HELP????

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
mahon

Xj body swapping?? HELP????

Hi, i have a 84' xj (cherokee chief w/ 2 dr), i got it for free when i was 15 years old and it has no motor and been sitting in my backyard for 12 years...
Now I am moving to a new home and landlord doesn t allow me to keep non- running vehicles... My dad was saying maybe i should buy a running jeep, do body swapping and i found a nice running 92' xj... I want to ask some expert jeep mechanical on this forum and see if its easy to be done in less than 3 months???
Please give any advices or infos that would help... thanks in advance!!

mahon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahon View Post
Hi, i have a 84' xj (cherokee chief w/ 2 dr), i got it for free when i was 15 years old and it has no motor and been sitting in my backyard for 12 years...
Now I am moving to a new home and landlord doesn t allow me to keep non- running vehicles... My dad was saying maybe i should buy a running jeep, do body swapping and i found a nice running 92' xj... I want to ask some expert jeep mechanical on this forum and see if its easy to be done in less than 3 months???
Please give any advices or infos that would help... thanks in advance!!
Body swapping? the Cherokee is a unibody.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

it'd be easier to do a motor swap... and cheaper.
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Jonathanjr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why don't you part out the 84 xj and keep the 92 if you buy it.
Jonathanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
mahon

Yeah, that's what i noticed that they are build in with the frame... And yeah i guess i would be parting it out from 92' into my 84' because i has so much passions for my 84' cherokee chief w/ two doors that are hardly to be found out there...
Someone was saying that someone would buy my chief for over 1k even if its only body w/ nothing else..

Again i want to thanks for some feedbacks, now i know what to do next!!!
mahon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.