Worst swirl marks ever! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Worst swirl marks ever!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Worst swirl marks ever!

OK, lets hear some good UNBIASED ideas on removing swirl marks from a black finish....I've been researching for an hour and all I can find is people trying to sell their products. I need real life experienced ideas! My Jeep is covered in the worst swirl marks ever, I think my ex-wife dried it with 80 grit sandpaper. Thanks dudes

Unread 04-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Buff it out brother.
Unread 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
shadowulf
1990 YJ Wrangler 

find a product by Meguires called "Liquid Ebony". When I worked in body shops many years ago, we used it for all the dark colored , clearcoat finishes. Black by its nature will show every defect, smear, and swirl.
shadowulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of tools do you have to work with? How much effort are you willing to put into it? If you have a DS random orbital buffer and some good pads you can probably buff most of them out, with the right polishes. If you really just want a quick fix, then probably the Meg's Liquid ebony would be your cheapest/easiest route... Meg's makes good stuff. Wash it with Dawn, clay bar it and then proceed with your swirl removal process... Meg's 3 step is good too, works well on black, but it ain't easy.... Although, Jeeps don't have that much paint, so it wouldn't be too bad.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.