Why not a Bestop "1/2" Top for 03-06? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Why not a Bestop "1/2" Top for 03-06?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Why not a Bestop "1/2" Top for 03-06?

What has to be modified on an 03-06 Tj for the Bestop 1/2 top to work?

Bestop claims this 1/2 top for 97 - 02 Tj's "seals" the cab as opposed to the windjammer etc. available for the 03 - 06 which does not "seal" the cab. Seems they're only available for 97 to 02. Is it the sound bar that the 1/2 top won't accommodate on the 03 - 06? The windshield frame? Door surrounds? Anyone know?

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post

What has to be modified on an 03-06 Tj for the Bestop 1/2 top to work?

Bestop claims this 1/2 top for 97 - 02 Tj's "seals" the cab as opposed to the windjammer etc. available for the 03 - 06 which does not "seal" the cab. Seems they're only available for 97 to 02. Is it the sound bar that the 1/2 top won't accommodate on the 03 - 06? The windshield frame? Door surrounds? Anyone know?

I had one once for my '01 and it leaked like crazy and nearly ruined the interior of my Jeep, it was so bad that I took it off and sold it. If you are looking for a half top to keep the interior of your Jeep dry, this one isn't it. If you just looking for shade, there are other less expensive options available.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.