What type wax - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > What type wax

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What type wax

My hood has alot of swirl marks etc. I've seen waxes at carshows that come in colors to fill in scratches. Anyone know what this wax is called? and where to find it. Does it do any better than the average wax?

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
cvisinho
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you would be better off with a "swirl remover" or all in one followed by a polymer or carnauba wax depending on how often you wash/wax.

Something like this should do the trick for a 3 step and keep things simple
XMT 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! XMT 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and paint sealant in one.

Or this pair
swirl remover
Four Star Ultimate Scratch and Swirl Remover , Four Star Ultimate Car Polish, Four Star Auto Polish

wax
Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any other car wax! Tech Wax, a synthetic, scientifically engineered paint sealant, is an alternative to

you dont necesarily need a wax to follow it but it will give you more protection and durability.
cvisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but all those links are "broken" or "cant be found".

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
cvisinho
2005 TJ Wrangler 

damn.

Go to We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store for the "all in one"

XMT 360 is the name of the item.
I have most of the xmt line at home and its all good stuff.

The other stuff i listed you can find at a pep boys on occasion.

you will need a polish/swirl remover and a good wax like meguiars tech wax if you decide to just go to the store.

There are other expensive roads to go down but im not sure if you want the real good stuff or a quick solution.
cvisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Powerplay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax
I agree. This is the easiest to apply, remove, and longest lasting wax I've tried....and I've tried a lot
Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvisinho View Post
damn.

Go to We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store for the "all in one"

XMT 360 is the name of the item.
I have most of the xmt line at home and its all good stuff.
The other stuff i listed you can find at a pep boys on occasion.

you will need a polish/swirl remover and a good wax like meguiars tech wax if you decide to just go to the store.

There are other expensive roads to go down but im not sure if you want the real good stuff or a quick solution.
Yep,That link "appears to be broken" or so thats what it tells me. I'll go try those waxes mentioned and test them all,thanks.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.