Wax stripping? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Wax stripping?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wax stripping?

Does anyone know of a good wax stripper? I'm getting ready to buy an orbital buffer and I want to do a proper polishing. Just worried about the wax buildup.
Oh yeah, and if anyone has any pointers on how to do a proper job, that would be great too.

Unread 01-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dawn dish soap will take wax right off. What kind of products are you going to use? I would take a look at Príma. It's what I use/d when I detailed cars. They have three levels of polish and an awesome wax. Used their stuff on my friends old faded cars and would bring the paint back to life. Also used it on the Lamborghini Gallardo, Lotus Elise, and Porsche my dad used to rent out when he owned an exotic car rental business. There a professional product that is priced to compete with the big brands like Mothers and Turtle, but IMO Príma is 20x better than any of those big brands.

Here's a thread I made about Príma:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/...ducts-1055559/

The real key to polishing is keep the buffer moving. Don't want to stay in one spot to long and burn the paint. Other than that you can't really mess it up. Just have to be willing to spend time on it and have an eye for detail.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.