Wanting to paint grill on Grand Cherokee. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Wanting to paint grill on Grand Cherokee.

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
v3ngeanc

Wanting to paint grill on Grand Cherokee.

If I were to take off my grill on my Grand Cherokee and paint it, what would I need? Brands? I want to paint it black. 98 GC if it matters.

v3ngeanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
KennzX
1998 ZJ 

Well on my 98 I had a chrome grill, I just went to wal-mart and got a can of 1.09 primer and 99 cent flat black and some med. grit sand paper.
I think the brand was Color Place (el cheapo)

Take off the grill with a philllips and the four screws. Sanded the hell out of the chrome, to clean it I just used windex and a micro fiber towel. Did like 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of the flat black, came out pretty good. I dunno about washing it, I don't wash the jeep, the rain that that we rarely get does The only pics I have are on facebook I can't post pics yet. But hopefully this should help you out a bit, its cheap and really easy to do

Kenny Griffin's Photos | Facebook

just go to the right goes from Chrome, Primered then Flat Black
(Sorry for crappy cell pics)
KennzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
mfitch9
2001 WJ 

Chip

After you painted it did it chip at all?
mfitch9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.