unercoating or bedliner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > unercoating or bedliner?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
weaver01
1983 CJ7 

unercoating or bedliner?

i just got done painting my cj, and i dont know, i dont like the way the floor and tub look. i see alot of guys useing bedliner to do thier floors and tubs, and my question is can you use undercoating too? and if you can,3m makes spray able undercoating would that work?

weaver01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
weaver01
1983 CJ7 

anyone have any ideas?
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
H1Recovery
2013 JK Wrangler 

bedliner is more durable. Herculiner is a bit messy but worth it. Don't use rattle can it is a joke. Undercoating never fully cures stays rubber-like and dents and rubs easily.
H1Recovery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
BULLITTBUilder
1999 WJ 

^^ what he said.. Undercoating would not be desirable. It is mostly bitumens in there (why it smells like a fresh paved road) with the sun beating down on it it will stay rather melted and make a mess of everything. You'd never be able to wear white and you would probably be tracking that stuff everywhere you walked. Upol Raptor is a good DIY bedliner system, although I'd recommend sprayed on rather than rolled
BULLITTBUilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
weaver01
1983 CJ7 

better than the hurc?
Unread 05-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
patrick18
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Upol raptor is the way to go, I just finished mine. Easy to spray, and comes with the gun you need. All you need is a compressor.
patrick18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
CoryA
1977 CJ7 

I used undercoating on mine well its okay, but it comes off pretty easily
CoryA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
mattyrayb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I started to use undercoating on mine and let it "dry" for a couple days. Like everyone said, it doesn't fully dry. Needless to say I ended up scraping it up....what a pain.

On another note, it worked well to cover up the rust of the skid plate visible from behind the YJ.
mattyrayb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.