under coated floor boards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > under coated floor boards

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rockytopguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

under coated floor boards

ok so my roll cage doesnt allow me to use traditional floor matts so i was thinking of using bed liner or under coating on it. As it is now i just keep rattle canning it but that does not last very long. Any tips or suggestions?

Rockytopguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bed liner is a good choice for your floor. It will not deaden the sound like carpet does. It is a great choice as it doesnt wear off like paint. Which ever product you choose be sure its a 2 part not a rattle can product or undercoating. Prep before installation is very important as this will make it last longer.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Rockytopguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. Has anyone used the roll in bed liner and how fun and messy of a project is it?
Rockytopguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The last one I used was Dura-Bak. We applied it in an enclosed garage with the heat running in the winter. I got unbelievably high. It was great. So I suggest plenty of fresh air. A gallon is enough for a Jeep tub. As in any painting project prep work is the most important part of the job for good adheasion and appearance. Remember none of these products stop rust so a good base like epoxy primer well make the job last longer.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #5
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytopguy View Post
Thanks. Has anyone used the roll in bed liner and how fun and messy of a project is it?
Depends on your definition of fun
Definitely more fun when it's done. These are rolled. We have 39 colors and black. There's no chunks in Monstaliner so it's not rough like sandpaper. Texture is created only by the rollers.
sarahrose-03tj-linerfinished5.jpg   sidekick_tub_light-quartz-gray_img_1282.jpg   barbaric-tub-2.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytopguy View Post
Just don't get it on your hootus......

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=18595

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.