Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Under Body Paint options

947 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Renegade82 
#1 ·
Doing major body work this spring to the jeep and wondering what would be the best thing to paint the underside of my jeep with. I was thinking of spraying POR15? The underside of the tub is not getting stripped, but I will be welding a few patching on mainly around the floor pans.

#3 ·
I used POR15 as the base and topcoated it with their FlexCote product, which comes in colors. It's original use was on boat hulls because it protects well against saltwater. And being from PA as well, you know what I'm sayin'!

#4 ·
Renegade, great build thread on your CJ. Ive been slowly rebuilding this YJ and if I was starting from scratch would have gone the CJ route for sure!

Id like a one step application, the flexcote is used to beef up the por15?

I have not read much on the Cassis Saver, I will have to research it some more before the spring thaw and body work begins.

#6 ·
Thanks Towny. I was just going to topcoat it with something lighter. Not so much for the UV issue since it's not getting direct sun and I don't really care if it would fade since you don't see it. But I wanted to be able to see any oil leaks or rust that might happen, which is hard to see against black. But then I came across this product and it came in colors but I really liked that it was made for a salty environment since we have the bad road salt conditions and I know the toll it took on it before.
I sprayed it on before the base POR15 was dry so there was no additional prep for me. I've never came across anyone else using it for my application but I'm willing to be the guinea pig. And having the base POR underneath it gives me some piece of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.