TJ Windshield Hinges Wont Aline - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > TJ Windshield Hinges Wont Aline

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
dconley9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Windshield Hinges Wont Aline

I have KC Lite windshield brackets on my 97 that are pretty rusty so I was looking to paint them. I removed the drivers side bracket to make sure all the bolts would come lose, they did but now I'm trying to put the bracket back on and the top torx bolt wont go in straight. It treads in but at a weird angle. I'v tried to move the plate underneath the windshield frame but it still wont line up. Any suggestions on how to fixes this and get the plate lined up? I'v all ready tried starting with the top bolt but even with no other bolts in place is wont go in straight.

dconley9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
dconley9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No replies but I thought I would let every one know that this issue is being caused because the plate inside the windshield is rotting and falling apart.
dconley9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.