TJ hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > TJ hood

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
miket_81

TJ hood

I am fixing up a TJ that has been on it's top. Got A windshield and am putting TUBE fenders on it. Only thing left is a Hood.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Have seen some places have fiberglass ones, a good option or should I stick with steel?

miket_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I personally would stick with steel. Fiberglass is just so expensive, and it's not like the steel hoods are all that heavy. In fact, I found them surprisingly light. Really your paying 50% more for something that won't rust, but if you prep right and use the correct paints, you will have just as good results with steel.

Plus I've never painted fiberglass, not sure how much harder it is to work with.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
miket_81

Cool thanks! How much should I look to spend on a steel one? OEM or Aftermarket?
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking on 4wd.com, they have a Crown hood for 340, a factory Chrysler hood for 618 and Omix-Ada for 336. I'm guessing they're all exactly the same except Chrysler jacks the price up on there's because their Chrysler.

As far as aftermarket, AEV used to be the big one, but they no longer make their heat reduction hoods for the TJ. I'm not really sure on any other brands. Maybe try googling TJ Aftermarket hoods and see what you find. Your other option would be to stick with the factory hood and install hood louvers, they seem to be pretty affective.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
miket_81

Thanks for the Help, looked at those sites, shipping kills! I am goings to check out a local body shop and see what they can do.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.