TJ body work estimate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > TJ body work estimate

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Mopar85
2003 TJ Wrangler 

TJ body work estimate

I was recently t boned by a silverado in my jeep and need to replace the front fender and entire passenger side. I was quoted 3K to repair and paint them. does this sound about right?

Mopar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Might be a lil high but it all depends how good a job the place does.. Is it a respectable shop? Theres plenty of short cuts a shop can do to save a lil money but it could end up looking shotty in a year or two.. Also depends on how bad you were t boned.. Any pics you can post of the damage?
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

For the three side panel oem replacement parts from quadratec will run you just under $100 for all three, they have to be cut and welded in. Front fender is $250, and those are our prices, not discounted like most shops get. Start asking around friends for Body guys, there is this habit body guys have of collecting the tools of the trade and doing all the same stuff in their free time for extra cash. And it is always cheaper. Heck if you are really ambitious find someone willing to teach you. (typically cheaper and you can see how it is done and learn at the same time.) Not familiar with Cali, but did you get $$$ from insurance or is this out of pocket? $3k can go a long way all around if you work at it. Also, not sure on Cali costs for repairs. Here in Northern IN I could buy a brand new fiberglass tub and have it painted for 3k. Just my .02, ask around, even try craigslist, ask to see a guys shop before doing work, you can tell a lot about how talented/skilled a guy is by how he keeps his work environment.

Good luck!
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

That is not out of line for putting on the whole side in a decent shop. Been doing this for 35 years.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

pluss remember were this is 29P Ca. the clean air act there has made it all but impossible to run a body shop. Lucky thats all they want.

I would want to check the axles run out after being hit like that. They bend rather easy. CA mounts, frame etc.......
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I wrote my post and realized he is in Cali, laws are stupid there.
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.