Tinting Monstaliner To Get Factory Color? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Tinting Monstaliner To Get Factory Color?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Tinting Monstaliner To Get Factory Color?

I have been on the Monstaliner vendor thread on here for a while recently, but still have questions an I am a little confused.

-Has anybody tinted their Monstaliner to match a factory color on their Jeep or other vehicle?

-Where do I get the factory color base-coat toner - WITHOUT reducer, binder or balancer added? So I can mix that into the Monstaliner. (I am looking for the color, Jeep PQ7, Gunmetal Pearl Coat)

-Also how hard is it to mix the two together, I will be using 1 Quart of Monstaliner's Tintable liner. So how much base-coat toner should I use?

I really don't have paint mixing experience, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Unread 09-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your best bet is to PM this guy,he will have all the answers to your questions about tints and such for Monstaliner
Jeep Space - magnetman

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I am e-mailing him currently. Anybody else ever closely match their bed liner to their factory color?
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Noclrnce
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I sell raptor liner at my work. We use the factory paint code, mix it up with no binder, and pour it in the bottles.
Noclrnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

I would like to hear the answer to this question as well.
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sherwin Williams Auto has factory colors. I would go talk to them if you have one near you and tell them exactly what you are doing.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
turpehar

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noclrnce View Post
I sell raptor liner at my work. We use the factory paint code, mix it up with no binder, and pour it in the bottles.
This works very well

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
turpehar

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
Sherwin Williams Auto has factory colors. I would go talk to them if you have one near you and tell them exactly what you are doing.
I would suggest not mixing Sherwin Williams with anything but Sherwin Williams products.

Ask me why.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Noclrnce
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Paint is paint as long as the binders aren't in it. If you're uncomfortable with it I'll give you my number and call me Monday and I'll help you. If I mix the tints to make your color I don't put the binder in it and all you'll get is the color. You can use say...DuPont paint and ppg clear. Just don't use the DuPont activators with ppg colors and vise versa.
Noclrnce is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.