Spray on liner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Spray on liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Mnch131
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Spray on liner

So I'm curious about coating the inside of the tub with the spray on bed liner. Have several local shops, also am willing to do it myself. Looking for some pros and cons from any of you that may have done this or looked into it more then I have.

Mnch131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
johnn-yj-eep89
2006 KJ Liberty 

well a pro is that you wont have to worry about the bottom rusting out and it also looks cool. ive been lookin into it for mine and people have told me its better to line it with chassis paint first and then layin on sum bedliner so itll never have a chance of rust
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Xtremjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Use upol raptor bedliner, Comes with the spray gun and in my opinion is the best stuff out there. And for $100 you can't go wrong. Prep is key when doing anything with paint.

1980 CJ-7 Mall crawler (RIP 2010)
1983 CJ-8 Scrambler Full resto in progress
1988 YJ Fully Built but never Done

Xtremjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
Oorin
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Little late on the reply... sorry.

I do spray on bed liners (so I'm a little biased ).

The one thing to keep in mind if you are going to do it yourself is to take your time doing prep, if you don't your liner can peel.

If you take it to a shop, you should get a guarantee, they will do all the crap work, and if something is wrong you can take it back.

Look for company that has good heat resistance values too... my wrangler gets very warm on the floor. I use Scorpion for my stuff - they are great and have UV guaranteed colors for down here in the desert. The thing I really like with scorpion is you can mix with automotive paint and not lose any of the protective values of the coating.
Oorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
Mnch131
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bed Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeep View Post
Use upol raptor bedliner, Comes with the spray gun and in my opinion is the best stuff out there. And for $100 you can't go wrong. Prep is key when doing anything with paint.
What did you use in masking off when you did yours? Everything I have read more or less has been the blue masking tape. Also is it best to let set some then peel off if this is the case or right away?
Mnch131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
stumpjumper09
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i used the upol raptor, that stuff is awesome!!!! i used painters tape

did the fender flares to
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
wildman90
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i too am prepping the ride for bed liner inside the tub. there are many places where i have gone all the way thru the paint to bare metal. will the upol raptor liner stick to this bare metal? i am using 60 grit. i have the abilty to spray "red oxide" primer prior to the raptor. is this better? does it HAVE to be scuffed?

FWIW--do not use cheap sandpaper. i got more sand on the floor than paint. my neighbor (a body and paint guy) gave me some aluminum oxide paper--WOW! what a difference.

the only thing you cannot do, is that which you have already accepted defeat!

many people search for god in the eleventh hour, only to die at 10:30
wildman90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.