Spray on bedliner on body - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Spray on bedliner on body

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
TexasJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Spray on bedliner on body

So want to buy cans of the rustoleum spray on bedliner and cover the jeep in it. Its way cheaper than rhinolining it, but will this have any negative effects? and how tough is that spray on bed liner?

TexasJeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

One of my friends used the duplicolor bed line spray cans on his jeep. Looked good for a day or 2, then, it starts looking kinda bad. It fades fast, isnt much more durable than paint, and its almost impossible to get clean
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
kirbot
1981 CJ7 

I used rustoluem inside my Jeep and on a few few spots on the outside.... I wish I had never touched the stuff.
It's crap. It doesn't hold up, and it's impossible to clean.

Eventually I'm going to re-do it in Monstaliner.
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
mattastic13
1983 CJ7 

I used the Rustoleum on my sons Power Wheel that stays in the garage when not being used...it is crap. Stay away from it.
mattastic13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

As others have said, it's garbage. The Duplicolor Bed Armor is pretty decent for spray can stuff. I did my rockers on my pickup with it and they haven't faded at all and they're easy to clean. The Rustoleum stuff is basically just black spray paint with some grit to it. The Duplicolor stuff is noticeably thicker and goes on more like bedliner than paint.
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So there's a difference between duplicolor bed liner and bed armour? I'm about paint one of my xjs and was considering this.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The duplicolor bed liner in the blue can sprays on a lot easier, but its not very textured. Its basically thick black spray paint. The duplicolor bed armour sprays on very thick an has a lot of texture, but it doesnt spray on very well. Imo its a pain to use. If i were you, id go to Lowe's, they have Herc liner. Its decent.
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.