Spray on bed liner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Spray on bed liner

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjannesari View Post
There is another alternative to Rhino, Line-X, and the others talked about here, and it is called Spray-Lining. They have a spray on liner that you can either go to a dealer near you or get it as a DIY kit and do it yourself. Their website is at http://www.spray-lining.com and I have used it on my vehicle and it is thicker and if you get it done at one of their dealers, you get a lifetime, transferable warranty that adds resale value to your Jeep or truck. I sprayed it on myself, so I didn't get the dealer warranty, but I was out to save money, and the kit is less and included the spray gun, unlike a lot of the DIY stuff out there.
Lot's of BS on that website. If their product is as bad as their information, you might want to look elsewhere.

Zone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's why I stick with the rhino liner, for a hundred bucks you can't go wrong. I am actually thinking of opening a Jeep shop and have my buddy do the liners all day long. That price included everything as far as prep, product, and dismantle of the Jeep interior.
mangoman123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman123 View Post
That's why I stick with the rhino liner, for a hundred bucks you can't go wrong. I am actually thinking of opening a Jeep shop and have my buddy do the liners all day long. That price included everything as far as prep, product, and dismantle of the Jeep interior.
You won't get a Jeep tub Rhino'd for $100. Perhaps you meant a DIY product?
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone

You won't get a Jeep tub Rhino'd for $100. Perhaps you meant a DIY product?
No zone, I meant rhino lined. Its called getting the product from them at cost. I am not a body/ paint shop charging retail and it keeps my buddy busy. But, that being said, you don't have to believe me lmao
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #20
Zone

I do believe you! However, his cost of the Rhino product, wire tape, paper, acetone, etc. is more than $100 for a Jeep tub. But, you don't have to believe me either
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Did mine for a hundred. I was a painter as well. We have enough tape and everything to go about five years lol. He gets the product dirt cheap
Unread 01-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

That website is a joke and with your 1 post and registration on the same day confidence level is high that you probably work for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjannesari View Post
There is another alternative to Rhino, Line-X, and the others talked about here, and it is called Spray-Lining. They have a spray on liner that you can either go to a dealer near you or get it as a DIY kit and do it yourself. Their website is at http://www.spray-lining.com and I have used it on my vehicle and it is thicker and if you get it done at one of their dealers, you get a lifetime, transferable warranty that adds resale value to your Jeep or truck. I sprayed it on myself, so I didn't get the dealer warranty, but I was out to save money, and the kit is less and included the spray gun, unlike a lot of the DIY stuff out there.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

True that
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #24
B-jeepster
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
MROLSON1, Looks great, but I can't help to notice your better half in the background of the first picture. She looks pissed!!!
If you don't mind I wold like to use this picture and put 20 seconds on the clock like Tosh.O. Who can come up with the best comment...........
"what are you gonna make love too it to?''
hahaha also i was thinking about applying it and covering my fenders with it any ideas if that would work or not
B-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

*Double Post*
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #26
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you have the money, go Line-x; otherwise, UPOL Raptor Liner hands-down. Had mine in for a year now, and it has surpassed all expectations. I was fine with possibly having to buy a second kit for this summer to touch up heavy traffic areas, but, even after a year of abuse, it still looks brand new. No chips, gouges, or fading. As long as you have an air compressor, it is the best DIY kit for the money. Literally, impossible to mess up. But, that said, dont skimp on prep work. I dont care how high-quality the product is, if you do a sh*t job prepping, you'll end up with a sh*it result. Take the time, do it right the first time. :twothumbsup:

forumrunner_20120801_002605.jpg
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #27
B-jeepster
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddMuffinz
If you have the money, go Line-x; otherwise, UPOL Raptor Liner hands-down. Had mine in for a year now, and it has surpassed all expectations. I was fine with possibly having to buy a second kit for this summer to touch up heavy traffic areas, but, even after a year of abuse, it still looks brand new. No chips, gouges, or fading. As long as you have an air compressor, it is the best DIY kit for the money. Literally, impossible to mess up. But, that said, dont skimp on prep work. I dont care how high-quality the product is, if you do a sh*t job prepping, you'll end up with a sh*it result. Take the time, do it right the first time. :twothumbsup:
Now big question what are the negatives about it if any -does it get hot like uncomfortably -is it hard to clean??anythin I need to know?:0
B-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-jeepster

Now big question what are the negatives about it if any -does it get hot like uncomfortably -is it hard to clean??anythin I need to know?:0
As of yet, I have little to no negatives about it. Yes, it does get warmer than it did with carpet, but thats gonna happen with just about any liner when you remove the insulation factor of the carpets. As far as "uncomfortably hot", I would say no. The only times I really notice it are on these 100*+ days of this years summer. And even then, I only notice it when Ive been working out in the sun, already being hot, and then theres just a slight "warmness" from the drivetrain. Nothing bad at all.

Cleaning is easy as can be. The Raptor Liner has a texture to it (which you can "fine tune" with the different ways of spraying: ie, distance from surface, psi on the compressor) but it is very nice. Enough to have an "anti-skid" effect, but not abrasive like I've seen with other liners that have chunks of rubber in them (Duplicolor and Herculiner). I usually just vacuum the big stuff, and if theres anything left, pull the plugs and wash it out. Easy peasy.

The only other negative I can think of is in the application itself, not the product, and even then its more of a tip than anything. I made the decision to not pull the roll cage, and so that, in turn, made some spots a little difficult to get to with the spray gun. But, overall, if you take your time, triple check everywhere, it comes out nice, even, and tough.

Hope that helps budd, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Always happy to support a stellar product
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #29
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

+1 for Monstaliner. The different colors are awesome. An all black interior just does not sound good to me, although that may be because I live in the desert. The smoother texture you get with Monstaliner is also a huge plus, I didn't want that rough texture you get with spray-ons. Add to the fact that ML has a great reputation for durability, and I was sold!
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #30
abcflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
+1 for Monstaliner. The different colors are awesome. An all black interior just does not sound good to me, although that may be because I live in the desert. The smoother texture you get with Monstaliner is also a huge plus, I didn't want that rough texture you get with spray-ons. Add to the fact that ML has a great reputation for durability, and I was sold!
It seems like most of the diy bedliner guys are getting into tinting and colors. Monstaliner seems to lead the pack from their marketing but I have been skeptical about the quality of the product. I also like a rougher texture than what I see from them. I was looking around and saw spray-lining who advertised variable texture and colored as well as custom colored bedliner. They do it with a crystal clear material that they tint with uv stable auto colors. This seems pretty awesome to me, but I haven't seen them to much in the top of google. I caught them when searching compare bedliners... FYI - I had already gotten a tintable raptor kit and I was pretty happy except for a real high dry time. Now I am looking at doing my JEEP and am thinking about spray-lining....
red-aggressive-bed-liner-530-500x500.jpg

red-bedliner-500x500.jpg

abcflorida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.