Softop Cleaning Products - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Softop Cleaning Products

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
rdh8fan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Softop Cleaning Products

Looking for something to clean my black soft top. I've got central AL red clay mud stains that hot water and soap will not remove.

rdh8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

I feel your pain, had the same stuff in the Birmingham area. I first noticed it on my YJ which already had some stains on it, the red clay was a more even stain that didn't look as bad as the initial stains Here in Mobile there is some red clay but its mostly just dark dirt.

I never let it sit on the top of my TJ, preventing the stains entirely. I know with clothing you could use some borax with water and let it sit for a while before rinsing with cold water. I've never tried it on the vinyl so I would spot test beforehand (if nobody comes by with better advice).
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
zookeeper93
1965 FSJ Wagoneer 

Our jeep came with a bestop soft top and had what seemed to be water spots on top. Plus, my son worked at a restaurant this past summer and parked under trees that the birds flocked to. needless to say, soap and water did not remove the spots. afraid to ruin my top, or make it look worse, I ordered cleaner, protectant, and window cleaner from Bestop. It did not remove the circles that were already present (on the roof) but did remove all residue of sap and bird droppings. I'm thinking the circles still there must be oil based or something so I am going to try a little Ivory soap. (I'm a laundry control freak and Ivory is my weapon of choice for hard stains).
For What It's Worth
Laura
zookeeper93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.