So someone is giving me a faded hardtop... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > So someone is giving me a faded hardtop...

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's interesting, although your talking about a different usage. I have personally seen Rhino get torn to crap on pickups used to haul bricks, where the Durabak held up fine. I've no personal experience with Line-x: just what I heard from the construction crew doing the add-on for our hospital. A couple of them are using Durabak and one the Duplicolor stuff, which he hates. I'd wager not many folks are doing the kind of things that would tear up a bed-liner with their Jeeps: just too small for any real use. But we do have a ton of pickups on site, most using one liner or another. For the money, for a DIY'er, it's hard to beat.

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Ajcobosco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My spice top was really faded. I used penetrol and it turned out great.

image-1313217569.jpg

image-3807382485.jpg
Ajcobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
Ajcobosco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

O and penetrol costed me less then $10. I would say that's the best bang for your buck!
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
Ajcobosco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had also used this on the bumper. Black plastic ad metal
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
Ajcobosco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have also used it on my bumper so it does work on black plastic and metal
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #21
Zone

That's great, I've not heard of Penetrol, thanks for the tip!

Question: I see that Penetrol has some oils in it. So, when it rains, do to oils sort of wash off an onto your painted areas?
Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #22
Ajcobosco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone
That's great, I've not heard of Penetrol, thanks for the tip!

Question: I see that Penetrol has some oils in it. So, when it rains, do to oils sort of wash off an onto your painted areas?
That is exactly what I was wondering as well. I had read that it goes away but this was also from someone that used a very thin coat. I used a roller and sounded like alot more then what he had. It has rained twice on me now but it still looks like I just did it. I have not seen any run off. It might have to do with a good cure time as well

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.