Should I paint my half doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Should I paint my half doors?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
taylor06
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Should I paint my half doors?

I picked up a pair of 1/2 doors for my TJ today, and now I have a bit of a dilema. The 1/2 doors are flawless and painted black, I had planned on painting them silver to match my Jeep, but now I'm wondering if it would look okay to put them on there as is. What do y'all think, a silver jeep with black half doors, would that look silly?

taylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Not at all, especially if you have a bunch of black accessories - black mirrors, black diamond plate, black fenders, a black bikini top, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
taylor06
2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, I think I'm going to at least try them out and see how it looks before I spend the money to have them painted. Thanks for your response!
taylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sure, keep 'em black until they need painting.... Once they get some pinstriping if you're tired of the black on silver look, get 'em painted.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.