seam sealer - brand preference - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > seam sealer - brand preference

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

seam sealer - brand preference

Do any of you body techs have a preference to one seam sealer over another? I'll be applying it over fresh POR but I think most are made to grip paint or bare metal. I have a tube of Eastwood's and I was probably going to get a can of 3M's brushable seam sealer, pending any insight from this thread.

Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ive always had good luck with 3M products.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

+1 with what he said! Dont skimp on the sealer. Trust me. That is the only area i did not mind spending the money. It is pricey i paid maybe $15 a tube. I had to pick up about 5 tubes just to make sure i hit every little crevis I could. I'd highly recommend 3M though.
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.