Rustoleum self etching primer. Can I spray urethane 2k primer over it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Rustoleum self etching primer. Can I spray urethane 2k primer over it?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
littleturner76
1984 CJ8 

Rustoleum self etching primer. Can I spray urethane 2k primer over it?

I have been sanding/preparing my CJ8 for primer/paint, and having never painted a car before, I have many of issues. A bit to late but I now understand that I have to remove all the rustoleum primer that I have been using before I spray with Nasons 2k urethane primer which I have already purchased. With that said I have many small areas that will be bare metal and would like to know if I can use Rustoleum Self-Etching primer on those areas and then cover with the nasons urethane primer? I have searched the internet and all the autobody forums bash spray can primers but I can not seem to find out anything about painting over self-etching primers. Most of the "name Brand" auto paint makers also have self-etching primers in a rattle can. Are they any difference?

Last edited by littleturner76; 10-09-2009 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
littleturner76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That should be fine. I work at a bodyshop and we use spray can etch all the time before we send it to paint. We use UPOL, but im sure you can use whatever brand you like.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.