Rust problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Rust problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
alexdodez
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rust problem

Is there a way I can fix this myself without having to go to a body shop. I have no experience with auto paint or rust damage.

image-374954420.jpg  
alexdodez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well the hardest part is going to be taking off the hinge. If you can get all of the bolts out , then I would just look for a local shop that can sandblast and Powder coat them. Then reinstall. You should be good to go then...
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.