Roll cage protection help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Roll cage protection help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
forejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Roll cage protection help

I'm looking for ways to protect my roll cage from damage (rust primarily) - what is the best way to go about it? I'm about to line the tub, but I'm not sure I am going to like the look on the roll cage (not the most important factor...but important).

forejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Is your roll cage bare metal? Try some rattle can paint.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just clean it, and throw some primer on it until you decide what to do with it. That will at least keep it from getting iron oxide from forming on the surface.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
forejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

cool - thanks guys. the cage still has the factory paint, and there definitely isn't an issue right now. just curious if there were any long-term tricks out there that I could take advantage of while I have some time and $$ right now.
forejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It has the factory paint on it, so im sure its going to be fine for years. you wont have to start worrying about it till it actually starts rusting. Which shouldnt be for awhile since its the rollcage, and isnt subjected to the harsh road conditions like the tub and fenders are.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.