Rocker Panel Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Rocker Panel Help!

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Camarofreak86

Rocker Panel Help!

hello all!
I have a 92 Jeep XJ, and I need to replace my rocker panels....Does anyone know where to get them CHEAP....ASIDE the hassle of a bone yard???

Camarofreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I dont know how cheap you want to go with something like rockers on a unibody vehicle, since its a structural part. Try Keystone (LKQ) to get sections of unisides. Thats going to be your best bet. Its not too cheap though, especially after you install them. Lots of cutting welding and grinding.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

For the effort you are going to put in by replacing them, Look into 2" X 4" or 2" X 5" 3/16" wall tubing and just make rock sliders. Search XJ tech and here, have seen a few done in the past.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
For the effort you are going to put in by replacing them, Look into 2" X 4" or 2" X 5" 3/16" wall tubing and just make rock sliders. Search XJ tech and here, have seen a few done in the past.

Yeah go with that advise. Its the same amount of work, but you have STRONG rockers. It will be much cheaper too.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
mmerlina
Underground Jeeps

1986 CJ7 

I know this post was over a week ago but just in case the PO hasn't made a decision yet.. on my CJ (I went a little overkill), 3x3x1/4" steel L-stock. I would have went 3/16" but they didn't have it and I am impatient.

I drilled a bunch of holes in the body and bolted it up. I used tapered socket cap screws on the outside, big fat washers on the inside with a nylock nut.

It serves its purpose. I attached a few pics just for fun.

Oh I think I paid $50 for the metal.. by the time I was done with the paint, fasteners, primer.. all the other random crap that pops up, I think I was up to about $75-$80. Not bad. Lot more labor than I anticipated though. Well worth it.
img_0358.jpg   img_0362.jpg   img_0365.jpg  

1986 Jeep CJ7 (photos)
Remanufactured 258, ARB lockers front & rear, 4.10 Yukon gears, 35x12.5" Super Swamper SSR's, Motorcraft 2100, 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty lift, York 210 OBA, Big Daddy steering, Tatton rear CV driveshaft, Herculined interior, TJ flares, lots of body & upholstery work
mmerlina is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.