rhino lining fender flares - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > rhino lining fender flares

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
cpu77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to see pics!

JKS Rear Track Bar
cpu77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
scrunninfool1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im not sure how to post pictures but here is the only one i could find on my computer. you can see the "roughness" of it. They didnt come out like that the first time. so i sanded them like i said and they came out great. and ill try and get better ones up soon figured this might give you some idea
scrunninfool1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
cpu77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How are they holding up?
JKS Rear Track Bar
cpu77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neals80 View Post
it will fade white in a few months..all liner coatings use a urethane that hates UV...if you do it, just spray a clear over the liner after it has dried, this will protect the UV and make it shiny to boot....
Not true,you can get bedliner with UV protection.

8 years on the beltline and roof,3 years for the bumpers and the newer stuff almost 100% matches the old stuff.Still shiny,no special cleaning as a rag a Windex is all that is needed.

Used this stuff..............
U.S. Chemical & Plastics

Easy to prep/apply on a painted flare.Lots of prep work for non-painted flares is needed to make it last(any bedliner).
Unread 05-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
scrunninfool1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Not true,you can get bedliner with UV protection.

8 years on the beltline and roof,3 years for the bumpers and the newer stuff almost 100% matches the old stuff.Still shiny,no special cleaning as a rag a Windex is all that is needed.

Used this stuff..............
U.S. Chemical & Plastics

Easy to prep/apply on a painted flare.Lots of prep work for non-painted flares is needed to make it last(any bedliner).
I agree mine hasnt faded at all. It has been a year(not too long)
scrunninfool1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #21
scott5star

1988 YJ Wrangler 

My entire inside and and out are bed lined and then painted and clear coated. All armor and plastic pieces too. Just like the look
img01020-20100521-1600.jpg   img01028-20100521-1757.jpg  
scott5star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
headstrong50
1993 YJ Wrangler 

love the look. i just need to get around to doing mine.
Unread 06-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
BadJeep2006
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As with anything, preparation is the key. Do a quickie prep job and you will have problems through the life of the mod. Put the time and effort into the sanding, taping and environment you spray in and your liner will last for years. I am partial to the UPOL Raptor. The kit it comes in is awesome and very simple to use. Just hook your compressor to the spray gun supplied and shoot. It is highly UV resistant. Ebay is your friend for finding deals on the kit. I got mine for $99 shipped. You can also add color tint to the UPOL so you can choose whatever color you want for the tub.

Joe
BadJeep Build: D60 front W/ARB and 5.38 gears, Sterling 10.5 rear W/ARB and 5.38, 3 Link front, 4 link rear, 14" ORI Struts, Atlas II transfer case, A to Z Fab full cage, Genright fenders, A to Z Fab front bumper, and Warn M8000 winch. Thinking stroker in the future.
BadJeep2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.