Replacing exterior door handles. Having problems. Help?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Replacing exterior door handles. Having problems. Help?!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
veromud772

Replacing exterior door handles. Having problems. Help?!

So I recently began replacing the outside handles on my wrangler full doors since the others were old and rusted. I managed to get both off. The one on the driver side, I managed to reinstall, and worked great. Until, I tried the lock button. Now the driver door is locked shut and the key lock nor the switch lock on the inside works. Anyone know about this? Id appreciate any help. Thanks

veromud772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like the linkage has fallen off. Open it up and look inside again.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
veromud772

Thanks. I figured it out. Had to take the door panel off with door closed. The problem is coming from the key lock
veromud772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.