Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Repairing paint

869 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  StealthXJ 
#1 ·
So, I've had these bad paint areas ever since I bought my Jeep. I would really like to work on these areas and make them look a whole lot better. I have experience doing some body work, mainly a ton of sanding and some mud (bondo) work, and I detail cars. I still would like some advice on the best way to deal with these areas.

The first picture, which is on the driver side door, is the spot that I'd most like to fix. To properly fix it, what is the beat process? Clean, sand, fill in, level, prime, sand, paint, sand, polish, clear coat, sand, polish? Does that sound about right?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So, I've had these bad paint areas ever since I bought my Jeep. I would really like to work on these areas and make them look a whole lot better. I have experience doing some body work, mainly a ton of sanding and some mud (bondo) work, and I detail cars. I still would like some advice on the best way to deal with these areas.

The first picture, which is on the driver side door, is the spot that I'd most like to fix. To properly fix it, what is the beat process? Clean, sand, fill in, level, prime, sand, paint, sand, polish, clear coat, sand, polish? Does that sound about right?
Go with bedliner and forget it

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.