removing overspray - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > removing overspray

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 06-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

removing overspray

hey guys i noticed today on my 01 TJ that i picked up some over spray from something. Could have been spray paint while working on another project in my garage. Anyway my hood now feels like sandpaper. Is there anything i can do to take it off without hurting my paint? I assume that wet sanding would do it but that is out of my league. Is there any other options?

thanks,

JW

jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
gtome

Clay bar, or try wax and grease remover, belive it or not, WD-40
gtome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

any recommendations on a good brand of clay bar?

thanks,

Josh
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think one brand is about is good as another. Sometimes Wal Mart even has them. If you've never used a clay bar you won't believe how good they work. I keep one in my garage all the time. They're good for cleaning other crud off your paint too. They require a little elbow grease but not too much.

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
gtome

Agreed. They are all pretty much the same. I would buy one in a kit that has everything you need. ANy auto parts store will have them.
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I spent $20 on a kit at the local auto parts store today. Washed the jeep spent about 30 min on the hood with the clay bar then put on a fresh coat of wax and i was amazed. It is like brand new. The clay bar took all of the over spray off and left the paint smooth as a babies bottom. Thanks so much for the help!

jw
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
gtome

Awesome! Good for you. Dont be suprised if your buddies want you to detail their car for them now Now get out there and do the rest of the Jeep!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.