Rear seat bolt holes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Rear seat bolt holes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
ChrisTJ34
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rear seat bolt holes

Im about to herculine the interior of my jeep and i want to close up the rear seat bolt holes since it didnt come with one and i dont see me getting one. I dont know much about welding and i want to do the herculiner application myself. What would be the best way to go about closing the holes?

ChrisTJ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would tape the holes on the bottom or outside and then fill with bedliner. Welding would cause rust problems later down the road. And the next owner could install a rear seat by cleaning out the holes if needed. Dont add more work thats not needed.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
ToledoDave

Chris.... just get bolts for the holes and spray over them. Later down the road if you need the holes back just remove the bolts. They are 12mm x 1.75
ToledoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoDave View Post
Chris.... just get bolts for the holes and spray over them. Later down the road if you need the holes back just remove the bolts. They are 12mm x 1.75
yup, x2
responder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoDave View Post
This^^^....

And if you want the bolts to "disappear"?...

Buy some allen head type headless bolts the same thread and size as yours commonly used as plugs

They are bisicaly a bolt that is just all threads with no head on it,and an allen wrench type hole in it for the wrench...use some blue loctite on the threads and screw in untill flush..bedilner over them.

This way you have the options down the road to reuse the holes if you or another owner wants by picking the bedliner off the bolts and remove them

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Or use foam earplug protector's, twist then push them flush into the nut when they expand they fill the cavity nicely!
they pop out when ready for use, or leave it, I used this set up when I applied my POR 15 bed liner last year, nice little trick!!
silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.