Rear Bumper removal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Rear Bumper removal?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 06-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
Jeremy89

Rear Bumper removal?

So I have a 2003 Tj, and my uncle(jeep guru haha) recommended I remove the rear bumper to give myself more clearance. I was just curious if this was something anyone had actually done, if so did you notice a difference? Thanks!!
Jeremy

Jeremy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
lunchbox704

I wouldn't remove the bumper as it's there for a reason (also might not pass inspection if removed). What are you trying to get clearance from?
lunchbox704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
Jeremy89

Basically just trying to get clearance for climbing, i tested it out today though on a decent incline and all was good.
Jeremy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just remember when dropping off large rocks and stuff the bumper helps protect. Once the bumper is gone the next thing in line is the gas tank. Dont think for a minute that the little piece of tin under there called a gas tank skid plate is going to help a whole lot.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.