Real DIY Liner testimony? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Real DIY Liner testimony?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #46
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I was reading some of flatlander757 write-up (very good by the way!)

A very distinct difference between Upol Raptor and Monstaliner is that Monstaliner has AT LEAST an 8 Hour Pot Life once components are mixed where Raptor is maybe 1 hour.
Difference, yes? Advantage, only if you want to take a nap. I was done and cleaned up in an hour

I'm not sure why you find the need to say your liner is better than all the others. I posted my experience with Raptor, as I have no exeperience with any other.

After nearly two years the Raptor still looks like it did when it was applied and cured. How long has your product been around. Got any pic's of two year old jobs?

From the OP "........I am sure many others would like to know some opinions from real people and fellow Jeepers." He didn't ask for vendor marketing ease.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $˛ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #47
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I will post some outside user experience with Monstaliner (rather than just MagnetMan). That stuff really is great, and I will be doing my next Jeep with the stuff.

Here is a link to the write-up I did for the stuff. I also did a fairly comprehensive review of the stuff (the link to that is in the first post): http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #48
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post
Difference, yes? Advantage, only if you want to take a nap. I was done and cleaned up in an hour

I'm not sure why you find the need to say your liner is better than all the others. I posted my experience with Raptor, as I have no exeperience with any other.

After nearly two years the Raptor still looks like it did when it was applied and cured. How long has your product been around. Got any pic's of two year old jobs?

From the OP "........I am sure many others would like to know some opinions from real people and fellow Jeepers." He didn't ask for vendor marketing ease.
I never said our product was "better". I said "Check this out" and posted pics of a great looking bedliner job. Then I explained what I was showing.
We're a vendor here and there is a large following for Monstaliner on JEEPForum. True that we are the new kid on the block but our reputation is
95 years strong selling automotive and industrial paints across this great country. Made in America you know. Where is Raptor made?

Whatever opinions you have of your Raptor are valid and I'm glad you are happy with it. Everyone is entitled to make their own choices
and in 1.5 years we will have 2 year old pics of thousands of Monstaliner jobs. Every product has a birth date and until each milestone
is reached the proof and supporting data is just accumulated. Monstaliner is unique in many ways and is far superior to most "paint type"
bedliner products for legitimate and verifiable reasons. Raptor is just thickened automotive urethane paint. It applies nicely but it
can't be applied too thick without risk of bubbling and blistering which is common to most urethane "paints". Monstaliner is ceramic filled
and has been tested up to 3/4 inch thick (not that anyone will ever go there) with no bubbling, blistering or adverse effects.

Also, the 8+ hour pot life lets my grandfather use it without having to rush and get a heart attack and he also has room in between for up to 2 naps.

Also, not everyone has a compressor and Monstaliner is the ONLY product on the market that can be rolled by those who need to nap and
get a very consistent look and texture without worrying about mixing the liquid continuously or risk getting a trashy looking job like other
products out there.

Monstaliner took 5 years to develop and test before we were confident to release it. It was engineered to be a bedliner from scratch.
Raptor was born in 10 minutes by adding some fumed silica to an automotive urethane paint, but it's still a good product.

Best regards
MagnetMan

If anyone is interested we have a MONSTA promo going on that will end in 24 hours. It's been running for about 45 days
and we've sold over 100 kits for Jeep tubs. $113.90 (after coupon codes are entered) gets you a 1 gallon kit with rollers
and mixing blade + 1 FREE quart of our famous Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating ($34.75 list) + free shipping on everything.

Complete details are in the link below.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #49
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The pot life makes it nice because you can just mix it all and do the first coat one day, let it dry, and do the second coat the second day. That is how I did it. It was great because my dad and I were forced to go shopping and run various errands. That means you don't kill the entire day.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #50
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I would probably go monstaliner next time because it is very similar to the Upol texture when sprayed, and Id rather support a vendor. I would take either over herculiner.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #51
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

thanks for your input "magnetman". I like the idea of the Monstaliner because it is a roll-on and I doubt my 25gal air compressor could handle spraying Raptor. The Raptor liner does seem to have the best reveiws among the crowd here on the forum though.

Lets not have a pissing match over who's got the biggest d!#& though.

I thank everyone for there opinions and encourage people to put in their input.
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #52
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Duplicolor, JUNK! Pealed off in sheets! You could still see the roughed up metal underneith where it pealed off. Took the empty can and one good sheet of the stuff to walmart as evidence and they gave me my money back NQA. Now for the Herculiner, went on no problem and has been on a year now. Doesn't scatch easily. I would like to see some pics of this "fading" problem as I always hear about it but haven't experienced it myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #53
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmayham View Post
thanks for your input "magnetman". I like the idea of the Monstaliner because it is a roll-on and I doubt my 25gal air compressor could handle spraying Raptor. The Raptor liner does seem to have the best reveiws among the crowd here on the forum though.

My compressor is smaller and its complete POS. You would probably be fine.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #54
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

My compressor is 3HP 20gal thats 20 years old and needs rebuilt. When spraying Raptor using the Shutz gun it's not constant use like when sprayin paint. If you can maintain 40PSI for five minutes you'll be fine. You don't really have to worry about starting or stopping in the middle of a panel. It just won't matter. You can do it.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $˛ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/

Last edited by turpehar; 03-31-2010 at 07:46 PM..
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #55
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

monsterliner seems to me a lot better than anything else out there. it just looks more durable compared to raptor liner and the other stuff.

if i get the money ill be getting monster liner

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #56
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmayham View Post

Your air compressor will be fine, it can be used at such a low pressure that it really won't use much air.

And there may not be a match over who's got the biggest, but there should be a match about who's bedliner sticks to their hootus the best!

How Do I Get Herculiner Off of My Hootus?! - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #57
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
My compressor is smaller and its complete POS. You would probably be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post
My compressor is 3HP 20gal thats 20 years old and needs rebuilt. When spraying Raptor using the Shutz gun it's not constant use like when sprayin paint. If you can maintain 40PSI for five minutes you'll be fine. You don't really have to worry about starting or stopping in the middle of a panel. It just won't matter. You can do it.
thanks guys, that is reassuring. I may have to reconsider my options knowing that. I have a CJ tub to spray and the bed of my tow rig... I love the JeepForum
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #58
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have used Heculiner in the past, and not again. It fades to fast and is to porous. I did my LJ with Monstaliner about a month ago and love it. There are a couple of threads on here proviously. There is no rubber in Monsta. It takes a little more time to cure in colder weather, but for the weather now it would be perfect. Make sure to get a few extra rollers if you use it. The rollers come apart pretty quick. Here are some pics. Oh yeah, Monsta doesn't run under tape lines like Herculiner.
monstaliner-lj-010.jpg   monstaliner-lj-009.jpg  
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #59
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The stuff is way too thick to run under the tape. It is great how clean the line was. It is odd because none of the pictures accurately represent what you get. It kind of feels more like those high end rubber mats that people buy for their vehicle when it starts out, and it cures somewhere in between rubbery and plastic like.
Unread 04-01-2010, 06:00 AM   #60
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Free Monstaliner Sample Panels

If anyone wants to see and feel what Monstaliner is like you can go to the web site and fill in the request form and we'll send you a panel with the coating.
"Request Info" tab in the top navigation bar

Regards
MagnetMan
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.