Real DIY Liner testimony? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Real DIY Liner testimony?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #31
Phreak480
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had done my 04 tj (the entire vehicle) with rustoleum rattle can bedliner. being i used to be on the autobody business i know the importance of proper prep and that is truly the key. The stuff is basically indestructible. much thinner than linex or similar products but nothing seems to remove it except smashing my jeep into a concrete divider which in actually broke the bond between the factor paint and the metal. Even the body shop was impressed when it got there he said he was curious and tried to scrape it off in a few spots and failed. it also bonds well to plastic, we did the bumpers, grill and fender flares on my buddy's liberty and it survived a collision with a telephone pole. i have line-x in my pickup and i love it too, ad i think i would recommend it for high impact and high traffic areas like a pickup bed but the rustoleum stuff sure has its uses too such as lining the tub of a jeep and preotecting the grill from rock chips. i will work on getting pictures of my jeep. i think my buddy still has some.

Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #32
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

I know it is kinda dirty to bump my own thread, but it got alot of interest at fist and then died off. Anyone else have any photos or success/horror stories that may be helpful or entertaining to others?
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #33
Joezx10r
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I did Herc a few years back on my tub and liked it then but it looks like crap now. Needs to be UV protected! Im planing to Raptor the whole thing soon.
Joezx10r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #34
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmayham View Post
I know it is kinda dirty to bump my own thread, but it got alot of interest at fist and then died off. Anyone else have any photos or success/horror stories that may be helpful or entertaining to others?
Check this out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sp...you-do-460435/

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $˛ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #35
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post
And now check this out

This is a small S-10 pickup I did personally last Friday. If you take your time with a roller just look how impressive this can be.
Monstaliner will give greater film thickness than Raptor which will work to deaden sound better.
Both are UV stable. Monstaliner will give better traction because you can't get this depth of texture from Raptor.
Spraying also requires that you do extensive masking to protect the rest of the vehicle.

Here's a link to this complete install without the final photos yet.
Truck is still in our warehouse. Tomorrow will be sunny and I'll shoot final shots.
Monstaliner Installation in 1998 Chevy S10 EV Electric Pickup Truck Bed
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #36
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezx10r View Post
I did Herc a few years back on my tub and liked it then but it looks like crap now. Needs to be UV protected! Im planing to Raptor the whole thing soon.
your tub had enough exposure to turn the Herculiner? Was it exposed that much or is the product that fragile to UV exposure? If it's the latter I would think that Herculiner would be a certain no-no for an uncovered truck bed.

That Monstaliner looks great, but every one who endorses a product says it's great. Micheal Jordan never says that Haynes underpants ride up your crack and that Nike shoes are poorly made... I'm just sayin'

Not looking to start a fight with "magnetman", but if me or someone else is going to shell out $100-$200 and the man hours of prep and application, I would like to know that the product I am using is the best one for my application.
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post
Wow, thanks! I must have missed that one on my search a few months ago.
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #38
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
And now check this out

This is a small S-10 pickup I did personally last Friday. If you take your time with a roller just look how impressive this can be.
Monstaliner will give greater film thickness than Raptor which will work to deaden sound better.
Both are UV stable. Monstaliner will give better traction because you can't get this depth of texture from Raptor.
Spraying also requires that you do extensive masking to protect the rest of the vehicle.

Here's a link to this complete install without the final photos yet.
Truck is still in our warehouse. Tomorrow will be sunny and I'll shoot final shots.
Monstaliner Installation in 1998 Chevy S10 EV Electric Pickup Truck Bed
Looks great! I have personally used raptor, and although it requires masking spraying is much easier to do than masking as far as application goes. Is monstaliner sprayable?

Here is my xj bumpers with Upol.

I also have it on the lower doors. It has held up great! Only problems have been where the rockers are rusting from the inside out, and I dropped the bumper while the bedliner was still curing.

Last edited by ReconMill; 03-30-2010 at 03:40 PM..
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #39
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
your tub had enough exposure to turn the Herculiner? Was it exposed that much or is the product that fragile to UV exposure? If it's the latter I would think that Herculiner would be a certain no-no for an uncovered truck bed.

That Monstaliner looks great, but every one who endorses a product says it's great. Micheal Jordan never says that Haynes underpants ride up your crack and that Nike shoes are poorly made... I'm just sayin'

Not looking to start a fight with "magnetman", but if me or someone else is going to shell out $100-$200 and the man hours of prep and application, I would like to know that the product I am using is the best one for my application.
I'm not endorsing Monstaliner. Our company manufactures the product. I frequently do projects for local truck or jeep owners so I can photo and video the process for training purposes. That S-10 was just done last Friday and it was worth posting photos.

Fact is that I really never spent any time in this Paint & Body section and I see you guys kicking around bedliner. Monstaliner is the Ferarri of DIY bedliners with Herculiner as the Hundai.

This thread below has been running on JEEPForum since October 09 and we've been selling the product all over the country. Over 90 kits to JeepForum members.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

Regards
Magnetman
Unread 03-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #40
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

That looks very good.
Yes Monstaliner is sprayable with a 10% reduction of MEK.
In the can, the stuff is very thick because it was designed to be rolled.
There are no particles in the coating so nothing to settle and the texture is extremely uniform from start to finish.
The texture is created only by the rollers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Looks great! I have personally used raptor, and although it requires masking spraying is much easier to do than masking as far as application goes. Is monstaliner sprayable?

Here is my xj bumpers with Upol.

I also have it on the lower doors. It has held up great! Only problems have been where the rockers are rusting from the inside out, and I dropped the bumper while the bedliner was still curing.

Last edited by magnetman; 03-30-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #41
Joezx10r
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A lot of both I didnt have a top and it sat outside unprotected for a long time.
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #42
Joezx10r
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
That looks very good.
Yes Monstaliner is sprayable with a 10% reduction of MEK.
In the can, the stuff is very thick because it was designed to be rolled.
There are no particles in the coating so nothing to settle and the texture is extremely uniform from start to finish.
The texture is created only by the rollers.

Are there any pics of the mostaliner after being sprayed. I would very much like to see.
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #43
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezx10r View Post
Are there any pics of the mostaliner after being sprayed. I would very much like to see.
This is Monstaliner sprayed. Photos are way too close to see what it really looks like.
Don't have others right now. In the next few weeks we plan to spray a pickup bed and take more shots during install and after.

Unread 03-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #44
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my pretty in-depth write-up, shows you everything prep and all:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...ghlight=raptor

At the time that I chose the Raptor liner, there was no Monstaliners(or at least wasn't advertised here), if I were lining my Jeep now it would be pretty hard to make a decision

Man a lot has changed since 2008... I've gotten fat and married, and the Jeep has gotten larger at the same rate as I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #45
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
Here's my pretty in-depth write-up, shows you everything prep and all:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...ghlight=raptor

At the time that I chose the Raptor liner, there was no Monstaliners(or at least wasn't advertised here), if I were lining my Jeep now it would be pretty hard to make a decision
I was reading some of flatlander757 write-up (very good by the way!)

A very distinct difference between Upol Raptor and Monstaliner is that Monstaliner has AT LEAST an 8 Hour Pot Life once components are mixed where Raptor is maybe 1 hour.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.