Raptor lining 93 YJ...now considering painting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Raptor lining 93 YJ...now considering painting

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
COMike93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Raptor lining 93 YJ...now considering painting

Hi Everybody,

I have a 93 YJ that I picked up in 2003 and have been wheeling with it ever since!

I have never...ever...cleaned the interior. It has a soft top but I typically run it without doors and just the bikini top. Needless to say it has seen its share of Moab dust, NM dust, Colorado dirt/dust....you get the point.

So this week I decided to clean her out; half inch of packed dirt (now rock hard), dog hair, the elusive french fry that was finally found after 10 years..you get the picture. To do it right I pulled all the original carpet and seats and to my surprise the body had zero rust and was in great shape.

I decided to do a bedliner treatment and settled on U-Pol Raptor Liner. I got to thinking I could also do the WHOLE vehicle. I was dead set on doing this but then I came across this part of the forum. There was a thread started by a fifteen year old kid named Thomas. HERE-----> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/...nters-1552218/

Now I am considering actually learning how to paint my Jeep

The way I figure it, I would have had to do prep for the Raptor liner anyhow, why not try my hand at painting my Jeep...if for some reason I don't like how it turns out I can always try my hand at it again! Would be pretty cool to say that I painted my own Jeep

The full body Bedliner is a very permanent situation....so it probably is something that I might try way down the road.

I want to thank everyone here for great information and especially to the folks that gave Thomas some good advice. I haven't seen many other postings from Thomas but he seems like a very nice, polite, and eager young man. If I hadn't stumbled across that thread I may have ended up with a bedliner Jeep but would not have been able to try my hand at painting my Jeep.

Mike

Last edited by COMike93YJ; 09-15-2013 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Link to thread.....
COMike93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is WORTHLESS with out pictures.
I dont like whole body bedlining my self but the interior is a valuable mod.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
COMike93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Glad you think it's worthless Ron. How about you just go and delete the entire thing??
COMike93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.