primer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > primer

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
paraman72
1985 CJ7 

primer

Wanna get some opinions and not meaning to start a debate. I am preparing to paint the entire body and I have several pieces bare and want to get them covered before they rust up, is it that much difference in quality between a good rattle can primer or the bulk sprayer type??? Like I mentioned I want to get the panels covered but I want a decent quality paint when its done....

paraman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
white89YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to get the primer that works with the brand of paint you will be using. Good Luck
white89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
gtome

There is no such thing as decent quality AND rattle can. If you want good results, there is no way around using the right stuff, and sometimes the right stuff isnt real cheap. You could probly paint the Jeep for $400-$500 and still have good quality.

If it were mine I would spray, the bare stuff at least, with epoxy primer then a 2k (2k=primer + catylist) primer after the epoxy flashes.

If you are undecided, and the parts are kept in a garage, you could just wipe them with Ospho (or whatever phosphoric acid) until you were ready to primer many or all parts.
gtome is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.