Plastic/Lexan Hood - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Plastic/Lexan Hood

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 03-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
hippiejesse
1973 CJ5 

That's pretty sweet, just not my cup o' joe (this is America, we can't say cup of tea...)...

My latest concern: How would lexan react in the event of an engine fire? Anyone have some ideas?

Unread 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
2Xtreme
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejesse View Post
....How would lexan react in the event of an engine fire? Anyone have some ideas?
Like a Hershey bar!
2Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #18
hippiejesse
1973 CJ5 

Exactly, I would be concerned of it becoming a propellant... hmmm, maybe weight would be better cut elsewhere...
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
SubBass100

I've installed a smoked black Lexan hood on my Jeep TJ. I made a video on the install process too here http://www.someonesbigger.com/2013/0...p-wrangler-tj/ . I love the hood, for the amount of head turns I get driving down the road it is totally worth it. I've had it through a winter with no problems as well. It's fun to watch your engine warm up and melt the snow just enough so when you stop it slides off in one big piece. I want to throw some lighting under the hood for when I'm in park.... I mean hey why not if you can see through the hood right? If only I installed window washer nozzles underneath for when it gets muddy but over all I'd say get one if you need to replace your hood anyway.
someonesbigger.jpg  
SubBass100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.