Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Planning ahead

579 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WranglerMangler 
#1 ·
My son did some body modification to the TJ. Wrangler98TJ pictures by EDuda_bucket - Photobucket

Not sure if the insurance will fix or total it. My thought was to replace the fender and front bumper and install a couple corner guards on the rear. Looking at the damage can anyone tell me if this will be reasonably possible for a layman or would another tub be a better option? Any Pro's that can give me an idea how this would be repaired at a shop, would be appreciated
Thanx in advance.....

#2 ·
disclaimer= I'm no expert on the subject.

Than being said, I'm pretty sure that your jeep will be considered totaled. You've got some major damage to the rear that's not an easy fix. Some time, patience and the right tools you could probably make aluminum corners work (if that what you want).

#3 ·
One thing you might want to get checked is the frame. Looks like it might be tweaked a bit in the rear. If it was mine I would go corner guards, tube fenders, and off road bumper. If you want to stay stock I would look for a new tub. The body shop would replace the panels, which is hard to do, if you have never done it before.

#4 ·
Adjuster implied it would be totaled but hadn't looked at it. Not sure if I am up to a complete tub swap so the corner guards and tube fenders was my first thought. The frame is a concern and will have to be checked. The gas tank is punctured. I will have to see what the payoff is and the cost to retain possession. If not fixable it will be a part out.
Thanx for taking the time to respond...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.