Painting hardtop hinges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Painting hardtop hinges

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Bmann412
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Painting hardtop hinges

Just bought kentrol hinges and accidentally got stainless steel and amazon doesn't sell the black ones what's then best way of painting the hinges black. Thanks

Bmann412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You will have to get the polished finished roughed up if you want anything to stick. Sand blasting is a good option.
Might be worth swapping them out and getting the correct ones.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Bmann412
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan
You will have to get the polished finished roughed up if you want anything to stick. Sand blasting is a good option. Might be worth swapping them out and getting the correct ones. Ron
Thanks. I scuffed them up and cleaned them. Then used some self etching primer and gloss black paint they turned out pretty good.we will see how they hold up. Thanks again for the help
Bmann412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.