Painting Full Doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Painting Full Doors

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #1

Painting Full Doors

Hi all! I recently traded my half doors on my Flame Red TJ for these Full doors that are white. I stripped them down to almost nothing, primed bare spots, scuffed, and painted with Dupli Color Perfect Match Spray for Chrysler Flame Red. I havent applied the clear coat yet so it still doesnt have that "pop" like my jeep paint has but how does it look so far? Any tips for applying clear coat? Ill also be using the duplicolor perfect match clear coat.

424031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You might want to check with the specs on the paint,base coats are usualy recommended to clear coat within a 1/2 hour for best fusion..but some are supposed to be ok up to 24 hours.

Looks good from the photo!

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Clear will make it pop.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Jeep149
1982 CJ7 

New guy here... I just got a pair of these for my CJ and in the process of taring them down to paint. How did you get the mirrors off? Thanks
Jeep149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep149 View Post
New guy here... I just got a pair of these for my CJ and in the process of taring them down to paint. How did you get the mirrors off? Thanks
You just unscrew the torx bolts and if they strip you have to drill them out...which suckssssssssss
424031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.