A Nissan Sentra tried to lodge itself in my tailpipe... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > A Nissan Sentra tried to lodge itself in my tailpipe...

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #16
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Seems to me its time to take advantage of the situation.
Get a newer Jeep. When they make an offer for yours tell them thats not realistic and they need to give you lots more. Point out your mods and recent repairs. Point out EVERY bit of damage sos to raise the costs.
First see what it costs to get a newer machine so you know what to ask for money wise. Its garbage if the amount they offer wont replace your rig. You need to get enough money to buy the new Jeep,Tax and plates. Insurance companies have gobs of money,let them do their job and PAY YOU.
They will try to lowball you. Dont take their crap. You need to walk away from this with a newer,nicer,lower mileage better condition rig.
DO NOT hurry the process. Thats what they want. Just asking for a fairer price for your accedent will usaully get 1-2 thousand bucks more without to much fight.
Call her insurance and tell them you need a rental car so you dont miss work. This will get them to understand you need to be taken care of promptly. They dont want to pay out rental fees.
WATCH OUT FOR YOUR SELF NOBODY ELSE WILL. Dont let them take advantage you.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan

WATCH OUT FOR YOUR SELF NOBODY ELSE WILL. Dont let them take advantage you.

Ron
BOOM. Call That guy on the hurtline. He doesn't F around.

image-1954282688.jpg
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, I finally got off my *** and uploaded pictures:

Rear bumper mount:

More rear bumper:

Front:

Front closeup:

More of the rear:

Permanent Gangsta style seat:

Blinker paddle:

Other side of the front:

Bend under the doors:

Rear end from afar:
samseifert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #19
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Also some other updates:

1. The insurance came back with an estimate at just under $4K for repairs. The jeep is valued at $6000 with the custom additions. They have deemed it repairable.

2. Took the Jeep in to the body/collision repair shop this morning. This afternoon the guy from the shop calls me. Basically tells me that the parts for my seats don't exist, at least OEM, and that the exact bumpers (Which I hate btw) are going to take about two weeks to ship. Then goes on to say that he heard me talking about wanting custom seats (5 pt harness), and that he can just cut me a check for the estimated cost of the seat parts and let me fix it myself. I ask if he can do that for everything but the frame check and the body straighten... He says he thinks so, but will check with insurance. Sounds like I might just get a 2.5k check and get to go buy some bumpers that I'll actually like as well as some seats that will be WAY better!

3. Driving the **** out of a Mazda 6 from the rental agency... Kinda like the whole SMG gearbox hehe... It's neat.

4. Went ahead and opened a PIP claim for the whiplash. Got checked out by a doc. Since I've broken my neck before, they took a bunch of X-Rays just to make sure everything was OK there. Seems to be. Tore a muscle in my bicep, and sprained the **** out of my neck muscles. Otherwise seem to be OK, will see if it all gets better. In the mean-time, I'm on good drugs.

By the way... The busted spare tire mount wasn't from the accident, it's from carting a 33x12.5 Dean MT around on the stock carrier for too long. Broke off a couple weeks ago.
Unread 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Updates:

Jeep is back from the body shop. The frame was bowed pretty good, but apparently perfectly symmetrical. No driving issues, but it was. They pulled the frame, and the body, straightened everything out, then painted the sides of the heep. Only downside is now I have no Jeep logos lol... I now drive a "JooP" I got a slightly smaller check than I thought, but still plenty to repair everything that's left. Just need seats and a seatbelt as the bumpers are incoming. All-in-all, this turned out OK. Now to start a build thread because of all the crap that I'm going to bolt/nail/weld/hammer on to the YJ soon hehe
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well it could of been worse I guess. Sounds like you're happy with the outcome, just keep an eye on that neck!
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the concern man... I am pretty happy with the outcome! Other than the fact that I can't seem to stop hurting myself lately, it's been a great couple weeks! The bumpers should be here at the end of the week, and that marks the beginning of what I hope will be a fun, and lengthy project. I broke my big toe the other day... Bad enough that I actually ripped the tendon part way off the bone... So I'm stuck with this huge plastic boot for a few weeks. Hopefully that won't interfere. But yeah... I'm thinking about starting a build thread, just kind of unsure if I should... Is it kosher to have one with REALLY slow updates? Or should I just compile all the info as I go and post it all in a couple years? lol
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like Kosher corned beef and Kosher Hot dogs!

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by samseifert View Post
But yeah... I'm thinking about starting a build thread, just kind of unsure if I should... Is it kosher to have one with REALLY slow updates? Or should I just compile all the info as I go and post it all in a couple years? lol
Go ahead. Maybe having a build thread will keep you motivated...
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome. I will do it as soon as my new bumpers come in. Thanks!
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
jambojeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thats good everything turned out ok, i had a similar incident. but my bumper destroyed the other car.
289776_10150388436564070_417211644_o.jpg   341406_10150388435739070_756084538_o.jpg  
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm sure that would have been the case of she wasn't driving so fast... Oh well, I've still got my heep, and physical/massage therapy is awesome when it's free lol...
Unread 11-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #28
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So.... Jeep is finally starting to come together. Going to start a build thread possibly tonight...

Frame and body is straightened.... The body shop did some really shoddy work on some of the things that they billed the insurance for, so I've caused one hell of a commotion about that. Ended up with an appointment next week where they are going to...

-Re undercoat the frame, since their clamps left bare metal spots
-Put the RIGHT blinker paddle into the steering column, so my freaking windshield wipers will work
-Repair/repaint the gas tank shroud that they just completely ignored

In other news, I got a set of bumpers from Dirtworx (Rear is here, painted and installed, front is still in FedEx's hands). I also ordered one of the 9k lb winches from Q-tec. I figure for $280 I'll give it a shot, and if I don't like it I'll bite the bullet and spring for a Warn, but I've heard lots of good things about them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.