New Paint color poll - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > New Paint color poll

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

View Poll Results: What color for new paint job?
Black 6 33.33%
Dark Blue 4 22.22%
Dark Green 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New Paint color poll

I have a 97 TJ and am looking to repaint it here in the near future. I am torn between 3 colors however. The stock color is black, but i have changed out the (black top) for a Spice (#17) soft top and love the color contrast with black and spice. However I have seen spice tops with green and blue jeeps look just as good. What color do ya'll think i should repaint it. The interior is gray.

97Heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is personal preferance.
I would not want to buy something where the color was changed and not done everywhere. Like under the hood or inside the tub.
Than if it gets scratched a different color shows up? That looks like CRAP.
So original color is the only way to go.
RON
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ron I understand what your saying and agree to a degree. The tub has already been rhino lined so that color will never match unless i do stick with black. As for paint coming threw of different color when scratched, would not be there due to standing the body down to primer. Prep work and sanding i can do myself its the pain that i am not good with. The jeep is black and i do like it with the spice color top; however a change would be nice and green and blue are the only other color other than black that look good with it imo. As for under the hood... well thats a nice mud brown color from all the caked on mud and what not.
97Heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
EddieXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

OLIVE DRABBBBBBBBBBBB haha j/k dark green would be nice....thats what my xj used to be anyway so i'm a bit partial
EddieXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Alacran
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but what color do you like? Never could understand all these threads by people asking what color they should paint something. If you like it it shouldn't matter what some stranger thinks.
Alacran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Red would look good with a spice top too......

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but what color do you like? Never could understand all these threads by people asking what color they should paint something. If you like it it shouldn't matter what some stranger thinks.
Hey man, na your cool you have a totally valid point and i understand what your saying. This is the thing, I like all 3 colors thats the problem. I would love to keep it Black but at the same time you dont see alot of green jeeps out there and blue is my fav color.... SO here i am in this de-lima and was just wondering what other though.

As for Red.. I am not a fan of yellow or red jeeps imo there are 2 many and they are a "typical" color choice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.