How old are you in the first picture? Maybe 6-7? What do you have in your hands? A yo-yo?
Bite your tongue, that's not me in the pic. I wasn't born for almost 30 yrs yet here. My grandfather Jack is pouring the jug. The other guy is father of the little boy Ben who is probably around 80+ now. This was a shellac factory built by the other dude and he was making shellac for my grandfather until he built his own place around 1945 after the war
Nah Here's my Great Grandfather Louis Brod who started Magnet as a hardware store
Mind if I ask if you know how he came up with magnet paing for a name?
Therios Pendragon aka Ken Johnson
2003 maroon Jeep Wrangler SE - Soft top
Hard half doors
-New Bestop replacement
-Orfab front bumper (DONE)
-CRS rear bumper
-CRS rear bumper tire mount swing arm.
-led third light mods that sit in the two spare tire lug holes.
-because of above - removed ugly third light tower completely
-smitty top end grab handles
-20" LED light bar 10 degree spot (installed now and blindingly operational)
-50" LED light bar 20 degree flood ( changed to 30" in center 3 tabs, installed but not wired)
-windshield mount light bar (done)
-winch 8000# smitty
-Monstaliner complete pan in red head(as soon as they deliver it) (done)
-corbeau RS reclining seats
-corbeau water proof seat covers
-corbeau seat mount replacements (removes tilt forward passenger seat)
-AXD 430 receiver [url]http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070AXD430/Axxera-AXD430-CD-Receiver.html[/url]
-hood hinge mount for my hi lift jack
-tremendous mt 31.5/10.5 15s on nice alloy rims
-Everything else is stock... For now
Led dash replacements
Led square lights for 6 free mounting tabs
Led backup lights
An old mixing tank getting refurbed to make oil base paint
Tank like this is used as a "let down" tank
If you have deep pockets you buy this new when constructing a new plant. I got an air chisel and needle scaler.
Will change the motor on this to 3 phase/460 as these old things only ran on 208/230
Steps to make paint:
• Powdered pigments get dispersed in a thick resin/solvent mixture in a small tank (not this tank) under a high speed machine like in the video
• The paste is checked carefully, multiple times until the pigment particles are determined to have been completely separated and surrounded by resin.
• The paste is further reduced with solvent to thin it down and the thinned mix is pumped into letdown tank.
• More solvent from the formula is used to wash the dispersion tank and then that wash goes into letdown tank.
• More resin, additives and remaining solvent if required are added direct to letdown tank.
• If it's a colored paint being made, final addition of liquid tinting colorants are added here, mixed well and tweaked to match
• Batch is mixed well, checked, rechecked, filtered and filled into cans.
Next week I'll put up what a basic oil base paint formula looks like
1979 CJ5 304 T150 Dana 20 under construction
1993 Wrangler 4.0 HO AX15 231 4Ē lift 33 12.5 15 DD
1994 Wrangler 2.5 AX5 231 Stock Sold
1973 Cj5 304 T15 Dana20 Sold
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #457[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Heeeere's Maybell, 50HP, 2 speed
Will change her motor and add electronic speed controls
This eliminates need for a starter and will make her variable speed
She'll get a bearing checkup and replacements if needed