New Bedliner question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > New Bedliner question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

New Bedliner question

I've been needing to coat my Zj's unibody and suspension for a while now and have been doing some research on different kinds of paint. I have been looking into the Duplicolor DIY spray kit and have heard good things about it being a rubberized paint. Bedliner to me seems to be the best for toughness. But won't the texture hold in mud and moisture better then a good quality paint thats smooth. Cause I have Bedlined my cladding with rustOlium liner and mud and water clings to it for a while.

Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You are correct. Dirt and mud will not just rinse off cleanly.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I steered clear of the stuff with the rubber pellets in it for this reason, Monstaliner has some texture but not like that stuff.... should be easier to clean....

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

If you need help with roll on liner come visit us over here
JeepForum Monstaliner Vendor Thread

These are all rolled and very easy to clean
sans-ext-1.jpg   paint-4.jpg   photobucket-3810-1333805747273.jpg   photo-70-.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

I love the look and how tough the stuff is but I'm worried with all the nooks and crannies dirt and grime will just cling to it like my friends monsterlined truck. Cause I wana use it to coat my underbody, suspension and axles and don't want mud and such clinging and rotting everything.
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid View Post
I love the look and how tough the stuff is but I'm worried with all the nooks and crannies dirt and grime will just cling to it like my friends monsterlined truck. Cause I wana use it to coat my underbody, suspension and axles and don't want mud and such clinging and rotting everything.
Where is your friend with a Monstalinered truck that can't clean it?
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

I'm not saying you can't clean it he just doesn't clean it . But I'm saying it picks up so much dirt mud and dust really fast cause of the texture of it and I'm not sure if that will hurt my underbody or suspension.
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid View Post
I'm not saying you can't clean it he just doesn't clean it . But I'm saying it picks up so much dirt mud and dust really fast cause of the texture of it and I'm not sure if that will hurt my underbody or suspension.
To be honest, for underbody why even bother with bedliner where you won't even see the textured look that you like. Go with a smooth coating like Chassis Saver.

And correct me if wrong.. off road in mud, dirt, etc.. is not even a smooth coating going to get coated with crud and not clean off unless you pressure wash it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.