Need some ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Need some ideas

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
cjnoob97
1980 CJ5 

Need some ideas

Me and my dad are restoring a 1980 cj-5. We are getting to the point were we need to start thinking on what to paint it. We are going to have some friends paint it at my dads shop.
The color it is going to be is hugger orange and the inside of the tub is going to be black bedliner. I don't know what brand for the bedliner or anything so some recomendations would be great.
Also we need some ideas on the frame. it has surface rust and need to paint it or do some coating to stop the rust wile making it black. But we don't want to pull the motor.
Finally the underside of the tub. This includes the under side and the wheel wells. we want to paint it a durable coating but not bedliner so recomendations will be very helpful.

cjnoob97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The cheapest to paint the frame,axles and underside is Rustoleum. Add a little thinner and it will flow out real nice. The rusty metal primer sticks to almost anything. The underside of the tub and fenderwells body color. Looks more original. Add a hardener to the paint and it will be very durable.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.