need opinions, to paint or not to paint. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > need opinions, to paint or not to paint.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
Liftedred95yj

I think it looks fine with the black fenders. Painting them would be nice but they'd have to match the rest of the yellow perfectly. But it's totally up to you. If I painted them yellow I'd want them to match 100%. And no to bedliner. My opinion, paint them and the hinges just make sure it's done right.

Liftedred95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
XJDitchbanger

Bedliner

If you are very particular, I would look into the added weight of the bedliner, but I think the consensus on the last few posts is that the bedliner looks rugged/clean at the same time. I'm even considering it on my own rig
XJDitchbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
skydiver30960

1999 TJ Wrangler 

What are your plans for the Jeep? Trying to get it in reasoably tip-top shape in order to sell it? Or is it a keeper for you?

If you're keeping it, do whatever your heart desires, it's your heep! If you're planning on moving it, I agree with folks about it needing more black to tie in the fenders, but I'm personally not a fan of overdoing the bedliner. Keep in mind that the Jeep looks pretty stock, so more than likely your buyer will be a non-offroader, they may not understand our affinity for bedliner all over our Jeeps. Either install black corner guards or roll on a little liner in a shape similar to a corner guard and call it good. With all respect to magnetman, doing the whole body in yellow-over-black doesn't look good at all.

Ike
skydiver30960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #19
BuckeyeMac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you paint the wheels? I have the Solar Yellow and I am thinking of painting the wheels black. My flares are currently gray, which I plan on painting in the Spring.
BuckeyeMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.