my 30 dollar paint job - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > my 30 dollar paint job

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #61
LMoscar45
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A decent coat of wax, glaze, sealant--whatever you use every couple months and the rustoleum lasts pretty well.

I had a 79 cherokee cheif 4 years ago that got the rustoleum treatment--took over 2 weeks to cure (and that was in Florida in October), other than that it looked great.

Cant be beat for $40 in materials with a little more upkeep, and it definitely beats the color match bombs at the supply shops--hell they want $25 a can up here! Some Napa's do it for roughly $15, but my local one doesn't.

here's a pic of my 79'. Its the result of 3 days of clueless back yard bodywork and sanding, some rustoleum, and herculiner after peeling the original flaking chrome bumpers with a chisel and a pair of plyers! I scraped the flaking chrome off the grille with a razor blade, sanded it down and shot it with metallic silver. Sure looked good after.

79-cherokee-before.jpg   79-cherokee-2.jpg   79-cherokee-after.jpg  
LMoscar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #62
FucusJeep
1994 ZJ 

wow that looks amazing LMoscar45
FucusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.